Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Psalm 13

Hello Tehillahians . This is your captain speaking. Our engines have all exploding and we are expected to land in the middle of the Indian Ocean. But please remain calm and listen to all instructions cabin crew give you. I assure you we will be fine ^^

If you heard this, how reassured would you be :P... unless your pilot is an awesome flier as I was in Rouge Fighter or whatever it was called. They would have be the most awesome kickass pilot to ever flown these skies ever for u to go "Oh its going to be alrght." Not only that they would have had to have proven themselves in these sort of situations for me aleast to not go crazy and kill everyone ....

NOw replace the word "captain" with God and indian ocean with "trouble and strife" and "cabin crew" with bible/scriptures and the word assure with "am 100% confident"

Would you feel at peace? Sounds good but in that situation I'm still not entirely sure I would be D: ... And doesnt seem like David was with Psalm 13

Ps 13:1 How long, O LORD? Will you forget me forever? How long will you hide your face from me?
Ps 13:2 How long must I wrestle with my thoughts and every day have sorrow in my heart? How long will my enemy triumph over me?

Would the psalm sound better if it just skipped those verses? No I don't think so :(

Cos Psalms is meant to be King David's prayers and worship towards God and they should be as natural as they get. David is crying out from his heart and that's what God wants us to do when we pray to him. We're not to just kiss up to him, we are to lay it all down on him in humilty and in awe of our God.

David contuines with his cry/whinge with

Ps 13:3 Look on me and answer, O LORD my God. Give light to my eyes, or I will sleep in death;
Ps 13:4 my enemy will say, “I have overcome him, ” and my foes will rejoice when I fall.

BUt yet finishes with

Ps 13:5 But I trust in your unfailing love; my heart rejoices in your salvation.
Ps 13:6 I will sing to the LORD, for he has been good to me.

There's no for he WILL be good to me. It's for he HAS BEEN good to me. So David would have cried out to our God in his time of need. But what we know about God and what is he has done, is enough and sufficent to bring us to peace.

So when ur in that plane plumenting down in between Indonesia and the east coast of Africa, just remember God has saved us from our sin and he will constantly be always be there in our time of our need.

No comments: