Friday, December 31, 2010

hey guys, just going to share something that happened to me today cause I thought it was kinda cool.

So I was listening to this sermon recording. The speaker was talking about how the church is a family. Each person is given "Chores" to do according to his abilities and each person is expected to do his part if the church is to grow. But then he goes on to say that a lot of people treat the church as a business, something like a restaraunt. They go in expecting to be served, get what they want out of it then leave. When he said this, it made me think of all the times I'd been to crossroads and listened to their sermons without serving there myself. So I pause the recording and quickly pray "God, does this mean you want me to start getting more involved into crossroads as well? Please give me a sign, but you know, in Your own time"

I unpause the recording and the VERY NEXT thing the speaker says is "But if you are already serving in another church, feel free to let us serve you here at ours. Because this is your chance to recharge."

So yeah, maybe that happens to you a lot. But for me, I don't think I've ever had such a quick reply to a prayer. I thought it was pretty neat and it sure made my day.

No comments: