Sunday, October 24, 2010

Tree Man

Hey everyone, Seb here :)

Just like to share a few thoughts on something that happened recently.
I came across a video on YouTube today as I was procrastinating work, and I have to admit it made a rather large impression on me. Video is below:



Some of you may have seen this before. I can't say that I'm fully convinced of the validility of this report, but after browsing around for a bit more on the internet and looking at this article:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Epidermodysplasia_verruciformis
I'm a leaning towards thinking it's genuine. Regardless, it still made me think about my own situation.

I think this ties in nicely with the post that Dot did a few weeks ago. There's just so many things that we take for granted, so many things that we ought to realise that other people don't even know exists. God's blessed us with all these gifts and we need to take these gifts with both hands, go out into the world and tell everyone about him.

So what happens for people like Treeman in the video? Why are we so blessed when other people haven't even heard of the good news? I'll be frank and say I don't have the answers to these questions, but I know one thing that we can do is pray. Pray for people like Dede, pray for people who haven't ever heard of Jesus, and pray that we might have the wisdom to realise what we have and do everything that's in us to help further Big Daddy's kingdom.

1 comment:

DcM said...

haha not that you'd be allowed to use wikipedia as a reliable source anymore in uni :p