Tuesday, October 26, 2010

It is well with my soul

Horatio Spafford

One day out of the blue there was a fire, and Horatio lost his Son . .
He Lost everything he worked for, this life savings, his real estate and it was too much for him.

So he decided, "You know what, I need to get away from here, my family needs a break"
and so they decided to go on a vacation.

So Horatio load up his four daughters and his wife on ferry and he was planning to go with them.
But on that day he wasn't able to go. So he sent them on ahead

And as this ferry is out on the water it has a wreck and it goes down in 12 minutes.
And all four of Horatio's daughters are killed.

Horatio is devastated, and he hops on a boat and goes out to where the wreck happened.
As he sat on the water, the exact place where his daughters died, he wrote a poem.

And this is what the poem said

When peace, like a river, attendeth my way,
When sorrows like sea billows roll;
Whatever my lot, Thou has taught me to say,
It is well, it is well, with my soul.

It is well, with my soul,
It is well, it is well, with my soul.
(Google the rest)


And that's a story of faith.
To loose your entire family and say "It is well with my soul".

If that was your life how would you respond?
Would you say "Hey God, it is well with my soul"

or would you walk away
and say "God your not all your cracked up to be"
and walk away from Him

No comments: