Friday, December 10, 2010

In dark times

Yesterday during my devotion time I was reading about the ressurection (John 19) and it got me thinking about what the disciples must have been thinking for the 3 days before this point. I would say that this would easily be their lowest point. They had devoted such a large chunk of time and energy into this ministry, they had pinned all their hopes on it. Now that dream seemed shattered beyond recovery. Surely this was their darkest hour. So imagine their joy at the ressurection and the realization that everything had gone according the plan, even if that plan wasn't the same as their plan.

I felt like I could relate to this feeling, even if not to the same extent. I too have had things I've invested a lot of time and energy into and sometimes those things seem to start to crumble. But I know that I can continue with hope because I know it is all still part of God's plan. Now I don't know how long I'll have to wait for this "ressurection", maybe it might never come. But because I believe in THE ressurection, I know that as long as a continue to seek God's will not a single moment of my effort will be considered wasted.

2 comments:

george XIYUE huang said...

when u think about it more, the ressurection is a pretty aweiflying thing to think about it.

think aobut all the murderers, slanderers, perverts, fraudsters in this world (Thats all of us) will be made a new and never have to fear sin again. all becos of sacrifice of one belovant being who himself even with all the sin on him, raised up and glorified.

TK said...

Indeed, even more into perspective, think about all the sin that you personally have committed, and imagine that put onto someone else's back....

And then multiply that by 6 billion...