Friday, May 14, 2010

Modesty

I just heard about a pastor talk about Purity, a whole sermon about it.
I'll begin with saying we look upon Jesus who sets the standard of purity
Hebrews 12: Let us fix our eyes on Jesus, the author and perfector of our faith
Romans 12: Do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind
The pastor continues to say, "people are going to look at you when you cooperate with the Spirit of God & say I want what that person has. They are going to see that the righteousness of Christ will be manifested in your life. But it's not going to happen if we are not going to cooperate. Are you cooperating? Are you conforming to the worlds standard Or out of insecurity or out of desperation to be loved ? Our hearts should be looking to Him & not to the world"
& then goes onto say how we dress, what clothes we wear pretty much says it all of our personalities. i.e Insecure ? Sometimes saying I'm cool (pride), I'm easy? I'm sexy, I'm hot, some say Will you just love me? I'm hiding, Some clothes say I'm pretty important
Some clothes to the person who is perusing purity say, I'm pure I'm chosen, I'm loved, I'm holy.
Timothy 2:9,10: And I want women to be modest in their appearance. They should wear decent and appropriate clothing and not draw attention to themselves by the way they fix their hair or by wearing gold or pearls or expensive clothes. For women who claim to be devoted to God should make themselves attractive by the good things they do. (NLT)
It's in what we do, how we live, our actions speak louder than our words
On that note, a Modesty Survey done by 1,600 Christian guys was recommended for Everyone to look at:You may have heard the Rebelution. Check out Modesty Survey
http://www.therebelution.com/modestysurvey/browse
- Read the main page &
- Go into Survey Results

2 comments:

george XIYUE huang said...

does this have something to do with bringing back all these clothes from china....

gaaarrrrrrry said...

thanks Andrew! That leaves a bit to think about in our daily lives doesn't it? The survey thing was also interesting, especially the open questions with people's written opinions.