Monday, March 29, 2010

"This Easter I'm going to get baptised"
I was thinking of the time when I got baptised...
every1 said to me "good on you"

but there were 4 people that sticks out in my mind when I told them
I was getting baptised..

These four people challenged me to why I was getting baptised..
They all asked, why do you need to get baptised, what's your purpose & what is baptism for ?

Man the first time, I kinda didn't have a direct response..I answered was getting baptised because Jesus has saved my sins.. it was kinda like a certainty of change.
Second time, I thought I could add more to show self-assurance, so it was like giving a short testimony =P
I guess gradually, I started saying that I wanted to come out & publicly announce that I was a Christian & I wanted all the glory to be given back to God, especially when I was serving in front of my Christian peers.
Not only that, but I was challenged to let my non Christian friends know I was getting baptised..
*Hey I'm taking one more step into my Christian faith.. why not take another.. & if I wanted to publicly announce I was a Christian to Christians, shouldn't I also announce to my non-Christian friends too" ? Luke 19:10 says
"For the Son of Man came to seek and to save what was lost"
Shouldn't we follow Jesus & follow by his example of what he came to do?
Matt 28:19-20
"Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you."

I'm not sure what your view is about baptism, maybe you're looking for a change in your life & baptism is the answer, maybe you want to take the nxt step in your walk with God, maybe you think it's the symbolic act & that's important, & maybe you just believe Jesus is Lord and want to share it with the whole world!

I pray for all the upcoming baptisms to be fruitful & a wonderful celebration =] & for them to continue to grow in fruit for our Heavenly Father.. to pray to him in spirit & in Truth
To mature in Faith, Hope & Love =] & a yearn to desire to be like our Lord Jesus Christ.

-Live it out, Keep Shining & Don't hold back! He's given you everything you ever needed
& He will give you soo much more


No comments: